Sundarban – Explore the largest delta island and mangrove forest in the world.

Sundarbans is the largest delta island and mangrove forest in the world. Although the Sundarbans were named after the Sundari tree, the lack of freshwater makes the Sundari tree almost invisible. Recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1987. The total number of islands is 102. Of these, people live at 54 only, and wildlife and plants are in the remaining 48 islands. The appeal of water and the mystery of the jungle – the combination of the two Sundarbans National Park is an unmistakable wonder. The natural scenery of Sundarbans is very exciting. The area of ​​the Sundarbans is about ten thousand square kilometers of which Sundarbans Bangladesh belongs to 60 percent and Sundarban India remaining 40 percent. Another feature of the Sundarbans is their biodiversity. There are about 450 rivers and canals,  334 species of Plants- shrubs-herbs-orchids-algae including Sundari, Garan, Gewa, Kakar, Bain, Hetal, Tiger Fern, Chon, Galpata. Although the special attraction of Sundarbans is the Royal Bengal Tiger, there are about 269 species of wildlife including Chital and Mayaharin, crocodiles, pythons, king goats, tortoises, and otters. There are 16 species of birds. The jungles are rooted and muddy in the mud of the shore. Sundarban Royal Bengal Tiger, the king of this jungle, hides in this forest. There are many things to see here. However, you have to visit the entire Sundarbans and understand its twisted secrets again and again. General tourist attraction Mangroves adjoining the edge of Sajanekhali Sanctuary Visiting Interpretation Center, Turtle Breeding Center, Banabibi, and Dakshin Ray temples are seen. Bird sanctuary on the other side of the river at Sajanekhali. A family full of migratory birds in winter. In Gasaba you will see Hamilton’s Bungalow, Bacon Bangla intertwined with Rabindranath’s memory, Rangabelia ideal village, etc. Go to Sudhanyakhali to see the wildlife from the Watch Tower. Tigers may appear in the late afternoon. Let’s go one day to Banabibi Bharani, Netidhopani, Pirkhali, Gazikhali, Chora Gazikhali, Deul Bharani, Sundarkhali, Dobanki became Panchmukhani. It will take another day to see Kolas Camp, Kolas Island, Bhagwatpur Crocodile Project, Lothian Island. And there are Bonny Camp, Marichjhapi, Bagna Forest, Rayamangal, Buri Dabri, etc.



How to Reach : Canning is the most popular entrance. The Canning Gadkhali Jetty has been launched by a number of private companies to tour the Sundarbans. From Sealdah South Branch there is a one-and-a-half-hour train journey to Canning every day. Distance 47 km. Another popular route is from Kolkata – Sonakhali along Basanti Highway. The distance is about 100 kilometers. The voyage started from Sonakhali. It takes about an hour and a half from Sonakhali to Gosaba Island.

2 Nights / 3 Days Sundarban Tour Package Itinerary :

Day 1 :- Pick up from Canning station & transfer to Sonakhali. The boat cruise starts from Sonakhali. Visit Gosaba Hamilton Bungalow, Rabindranath Tagore Memorial, Pakhir Char (Birds’Sanctuary), Pakhirlay & Night Stay at Resort.
Day 2 :- Visit Sajnekhali Tiger Reserve, Museum and Watch Tower, Pirkhali, Gajikhali, Deul Varani, Bonbibi Varani, Pancha-Mukhani(Five River Junction), Do-Banki Canopy Walk (about 900 meters) & Watch Tower and back to Resort for night stay.
Day 3 :- Visit Jharkhali, Sarakkhali-1, Sarakkhali-2, Sudhanyakhali Tiger Project & Watch Tower, Durgo-Duani jungle walk, and back to Canning.

Top 5 Hotel & Resort :

1. Sundarban Tiger Camp.
2. Solitary Nook.
3. Sundarban Gateway Resort.
4. Sundarban Mangrove Retreat.
5. Banani Resort.

Sundarban || Sundarban National Park || Sundarban Tour || Sundarban Delta || Sundarban Tour Package || Sundarban Royal Bengal Tiger

1 thought on “Sundarban – Explore the largest delta island and mangrove forest in the world.”

Leave a Comment